Meet us at the park at 8:30am! Volunteers appreciated… See details
There is a wind chill advisory in effect for St. Mary’s County starting tonight. Please remember to bring your pets inside!
… Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to
6 PM EST Tuesday…
* wind chill… 5 below to 15 below zero.
* Timing… tonight through Tuesday. The lowest wind chills are
expected to occur after midnight tonight through Tuesday
* Temperatures… falling into the teens this evening… then lows
in the single digits tonight and highs in the teens Tuesday.
* Winds… west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Gusts up to
45 mph are possible over north-central Maryland this evening.
* Impacts… dangerously low wind chills could then lead to
frostbite and hypothermia Monday evening through Tuesday.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors… make sure you wear a hat and
See more online at Weather Underground.